Volunteer with us
To begin your journey as a Pegasus volunteer please follow the simple steps below.
Register to attend one of our information sessions where you will be able to see exactly what it is we do and get a feel if this is something you would like to do.
If you do feel it is something you wish to proceed with you will then be given information to register. This will be the start of what we hope to be a long and enjoyable journey with Pegasus.
Apply for your Working With Vulnerable People Card by registering online
This can take several weeks to be processed and is a good idea to get started on early.
It is free for volunteers, just nominate Riding for the Disabled of ACT as your place of choice.
Volunteer Code of Conduct
- Be ethical, fair and honest in all their dealings with other people including staff and other volunteers
- Treat all persons with respect and courtesy and have proper regard for their dignity, rights and obligations
- Always place the safety and welfare of children and vulnerable adults above other considerations
- Comply with Pegasus’, and Riding for the Disabled Association of Australia (RDAA) Constitution, rules and policies including the Volunteer Policy Operate within the rules and spirit of the organisation
- Comply with all relevant Australian laws (Federal and State) particularly anti-discrimination, privacy, and child protection laws
- Be responsible and accountable for your conduct Make a commitment to provide quality service
- Not to use your involvement with Pegasus to promote your own beliefs, behaviours and practises where these are inconsistent with those of RDAA or any of its affiliates
- Demonstrate a high degree of individual responsibility when dealing with persons who are under 18 years of age or non-consenting adults with a disability, as your words and actions are an example
- Avoid unaccompanied and unobserved activities with persons who are under 18 years of age or vulnerable adults, wherever possible Avoid unaccompanied and unobserved times where an event or function results in the handling of monies, wherever possible Refrain from any form of harassment of others Refrain from any behaviour that may bring Pegasus, RDAA or any affiliates into disrepute
- Show concern and caution towards others who may be sick or injured
- Be a positive role model Understand the repercussions if you breach, or are aware of any breaches of this Code of Conduct.